The Board's Role And Membership
The Role of the Board of Director’s, is to formulate policies to fulfill the mandate of TRFK in accordance with Memorandum and Articles of Association of TRFK. The other critical role of Board of Directors is to appoint senior staff in accordance with the scheme of service.
The TRFK Board Membership consists of:
The Board is also guided by the government guidelines as communicated through the Ministry of Agriculture and in line with guidelines for State Corporations.
- A Chairman appointed by the Minister of Agriculture.
- Director – TRFK.
- Permanent Secretary - Ministry of Agriculture.
- Agricultural Secretary- Ministry of Agriculture.
- Permanent Secretary – Treasury.
- Director – Kenya Agricultural Research Institute (KARI).
- Chairman - Tea Board of Kenya.
- Chairman - Kenya Tea Development Agency (KTDA).
- One person nominated by Kenya Tea Growers Association (KTGA).
- Three non-institutional members appointed by name.
The current Foundation’s Board is composed of the following members appointed under article 30 of the Articles of Association of the Tea Research Foundation of Kenya:
- Mr. Nicholas Kirui - Chairman - Nominated by the Minister.
- Dr Eliud Kiplimo Kireger - Managing Director/ CEO -TRFK.
- Mr. Humphrey Mwangi, MBS - Rep. Permanent Secretary – Ministry of Agriculture.
- Mr. Grenville K. Melli - Rep. Agricultural Secretary – Ministry of Agriculture.
- Mr. Martin S. O. Gumo, HSC - Rep. Permanent Secretary – Treasury.
- Mr. Titus Godfrey Kipyab - Chairman – Tea Board of Kenya.
- Joseph Ochieng, PhD - Rep. Director – Kenya Agricultural Research Institute.
- Mr. Stephen M’Imanyara -Chairman –Kenya Tea Development Agency.
- Mr. Samuel Thumbi - Rep. KTGA.
- Mr. Mark Muendo - Nominated by the Minister.